Thursday, April 17, 2008

Tips and Tricks: Flashcards

A while back I bought Ellie some flashcards at the Target $pot (can you tell I love that place?). They just have pictures and words on them, and are very general. But she loves going through them with Leif. Unfortunately, they were not meant to withstand the rigors of toddlerhood, so they are all bent and crumpled, and I'm always finding them scattered about on the floor. Then last week I got an idea...

I laminated the flash cards with clear contact paper and trimmed around the edges, rounded the corners and all that jazz. Then I used my Cropadile (a heavy duty hole punch for those of you who aren't crafters) to punch a hole in the corner of each of the flashcards. I put them on a ring so they can be removed if needed, but stay together otherwise. And once again, Ellie loves them! Plus they are getting crumpled less and will last longer because they're laminated! And I don't have to find them all over my house...

No comments: