Friday, April 11, 2008

The magic of food coloring

There's no end to the fun you can have with a little food coloring, some water, and a squirt bottle. This is what Ellie and I did the other morning for about an hour...



And no, there wasn't a massacre. Just a lot of food coloring mixed with a lot of snow. Ellie thought it was great. Until her water bottle ran out of squirt. Then...



"More please. Water empty."

And indeed, it was.



So I'd refill it with plain water and she'd go out and empty it on the deck again. We went through this about a dozen times. She thought it was great. So did I.

All in all we had a great time playing in the snow. It was a good way to use up some energy, and it got me to stop thinking about how much I wished the snow would just go away. I'm ready for Spring!

ACTIVITY: Snow Painting

Need:
snow
food coloring
squirt bottle of water

Directions:
Fill the squirt bottle with water and add a few drops of food coloring. Take it outside and squirt the snow to make colorful designs and patterns! When the bottle is empty, refill it with another color.

Work on:
Colors, shapes, gross motor skills

No comments: