Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Food Log: January 27

Apparently, I only do a food log (and an incomplete one at that) once a month, on the 27th. Who knew?

I don't know what Eliana had for breakfast this morning, because Leif got her something while I was still being lazy in bed.

But for lunch she's eating soy yogurt (strawberry) and macaroni (organic Annie's macaroni noodles) and cheese (tofutti melted over top and stirred into the noodles) with hot dogs (turkey hot dogs, the Jennie-O brand).

I realized that I don't really need to keep buying Easy Mac just for the macaroni. I have been buying it, microwaving the (completely processed, un-nutritious) pasta and freecycling the cheese packets. You know, if I'd just take the time to precook some whole wheat macaroni and keep it in the fridge, it would be just as quick to make mac and cheese for her. So I think that's what I'm going to do.

Anyway, food today was....

Breakfast: (I asked Leif what she had)
  • Banana
  • Raisins
Lunch:
  • Soy Yogurt
  • Organic Macaroni with Tofutti Cheese
Dinner:
  • ? (I have a meeting, so it's up to Leif tonight, I think)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

if you do ever continue to purchase, cook and freecycle, let me know.... i have friends in indonesia who crave american mac&cheese but it's pointless to send the noodles (and spendy) so i usually have to buy the boxes of mac&cheese just to send them the cheese packets!